Public Internet access is available to current cardholders in good standing
Freedom to View
- Pierce Public Library does not monitor information accessed.
- The user is responsible for content selected for viewing.
- All qualified users have equal access to Internet resources.
- Internet users will check in and present a current library card. Internet users under age 14 must have a parent or guardian come to the Library and complete a permission form.
- Individual users are responsible for observing relevant Federal, State and local laws including copyright damage to equipment and software and illegal content.
- Parents or legal guardians may restrict only their own children from access to Internet resources.
- Parents or legal guardians are responsible for supervision to insure their children’s use of Internet resources is appropriate and safe.
- Library staff does not supervise users of resources, regardless of user’s age.
- The Library Director and staff may establish time limitations, usage schedules, and the like for Internet uses.
- Library staff will provide assistance with use of Internet resources as time permits.
- Information available through the Internet is not warranted by Pierce Public Library to be accurate, authoritative, factual or complete. The availability of information via the Internet does not constitute any endorsement or ratification of the information. Users must be responsible for verifying the accuracy of any material.
- Misuse or abuse of the equipment or rudeness to other patrons will result in loss of privileges. First offense will result in loss of privileges on computers for two weeks; second offense, a month. Third offense will cancel their right to use the computers for 6 month. (this also refers to being disrespective towards the library staff)
- No food or drink near computers.
- Only one person per computer; all others sit in a chair and wait or return to the library later.
- No one below third grade will be allowed to use the computers unless they can demonstrate ability in the area. Use of Internet by this age must be accompanied by an adult.
- Homework printouts are free up to five pages, than it is 25 cents a copy.